Tuesday, August 02, 2005

ISLAM: What causes the conflict?

•Islam’s internal aspects such as theological and cultural side are not the primary causes of global conflict. -- Rather, the external sociological aspects of religion are the direct causes of global conflict.

It is the business of society to interpret, question, and challenge those aspects of a religion that take a position concerning outsiders.

•If I am the subject of some other religion's doctrine, and such a doctrine states how I am to be treated, what is to be done to me, what I may or may not do freely, then, even though I am not a member of that religion, it does become my business to probe these doctrines and even to demand a change.

•On the other hand, if a religion minds its own business, and has little to say pertaining to me as an outsider, then I should respect its right to be left alone.

No comments: